Our School Board is elected from the school community and the staff. The School Board meets once a term. Parents are kept informed of the group’s discussions via the P&C meetings and the school’s newsletter.
If you wish to communicate with a member of the school board please contact the school office for an appointment.
The role of the School Board is to take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school
- to determine in consultation with students, their parents and staff a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school
- promoting the school in the community
- charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities
- extra cost optional components of educational programmes
- items to be supplied by a student for use in an educational programme
- any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school
To provide advice to the principal of the school on:
- a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education
- the implementation of special religious education
With the approval of the Minister, or the Minister’s delegate the Director General, or sub-delegates the Deputy Director General, Schools or Regional Executive Directors for government schools in their regions to:
- take part in the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff
The council or board cannot:
- intervene in the educational instruction of students.
- exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the school.
- control or manage the school unless the intervention is by way of performing a function prescribed for incorporated councils or boards.
- intervene in the management or operation of a school fund.
School Board Members – as at 28/05/2020
Chair Person: Troy Mahony E-mail: [email protected]
Ian Harvey (Principal)
Robert Williams & Luke Ruane (Deputy Principals)
Justine Wright (Manager Corporate Services & Chief Executive Officer to the School Board)
Caitlin Maskew – Staff Member
Tamara Bromley – Staff Member
Trishia Ward – P&C & Parent Representative
Greg Neill – Parent Representative