The South Bunbury Primary School has been a feature of the Education of Bunbury students since September 1913, when the original school building was completed. The current school buildings were opened on 7th September 1948.
The school is situated only 2km from the General Post Office in a well-established, residential area of the city. The school has 9 traditionally built classrooms located around a central quadrangle and undercover area. The school has a new purpose built library, which also houses an Information Communication Technology laboratory.
The Pre-Primary and Kindergarten children are located in two purpose-built, transportable Early Childhood centres and a house (which was the Community Based Kindergarten).The school is surrounded by excellent grassed areas for our 400 students to enjoy.
The school site is shared with the South Bunbury Education Support Centre (ESC) and the purpose built Dental Clinic. South Bunbury Primary School is highly regarded within the City of Bunbury due to the good behaviour and academic standing of our students. Our staff are long serving and committed to the education of all of our students. The Administration Team has worked together for the past 11 years to ensure both students and staff receive the most out of their South Bunbury experiences.
South Bunbury Primary School is in the enviable position of having that wonderful country School atmosphere whilst enjoying the richness of city life. The close ties with the ESC contribute to a strong ethos of community and caring for others.
The whole school focus is on developing literacy and numeracy skills in all students. We have a strong emphasis on using co-operative learning strategies to ensure all students are engaged in and accountable for their learning, whilst constantly improving our use of technology to meet our goals.
In 2013 South Bunbury Primary School became an Independent Public School. More information about this initiative can be obtained from www.det.wa.edu.au.